Wednesday, October 28, 2009

OCL Tech Challenge Thing #8 LibraryThing

I used to use Librarything but I found it so irritating that I quit. I much prefer GoodReads but I can't really put my finger on why. Having just opened a new membership in LibraryThing, I still prefer Goodreads. Since I already have over 100 books on Goodreads, I'm not going any farther with LibraryThing. I don't want to catalog my books at home. I made a card catalog for my books and my sister's books the summer I was 12 and I don't want to do that kind of thing again. That summer, I read 61 books and wrote reviews of each of them. Maybe that's what Librarything reminds me of.

1 comment:

  1. Ellen, I totally understand preferring GoodReads to LibraryThing, especially since you already have so many books there! I do the same thing every time I start using LibraryThing to catalog my books. I tend to use it more to search through tags, or read reviews. Can you post a link to either your LibraryThing account, or GoodReads? That's the last part of Thing #8. :)

    Elizabeth
    OCL Web Challenge Committee

    ReplyDelete